Tuesday, July 19, 2005

Truth stranger than fiction

I don't watch much TV but I love scifi and I've been watching this new series on USA called The 4400. The plot line is deteriorating, it's turning into a nighttime soap, but I love the whole spooky premise. For some reason, the sudden appearance of actual reporters at the White House press briefings reminds me of that program. It's like the gaggle was lifted into space, restored to human form and brought back to earth in a bubble of light.

Wonkette tells us they outright laughed at the President yesterday but Preemptive Karma has the last word on the press corps antics of the day.

Q: What about the RNC, though, Scott?

MR. McCLELLAN: No, I said, I'm not going to get into discussing matters relating to an ongoing investigation. We'll let the investigation come to a conclusion, and then I'll be more than happy to talk about it, as will the President.
PREEMPTIVE KARMA: I am going to repeat the same non-sequitor and get very irriated with you for asking a question about the RNC. Besides, I can't talk about it. If I do, the nice man who controls my mouth levers will never allow me to become a real boy.
I was just thinking yesterday that if noses really grew like Pinocchio, the Bush administration would have to hire Paul Bunyan to keep them trimmed enough to get through doors. And how funny would it be if they all turned into donkeys like the wicked boys did on Pleasure Island?
Bookmark and Share

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home