Tuesday, December 20, 2005

If Bush wrote sonnets

I've been been a mess the last few days. Seems as good as time as any then to try some poetry. So, inspired by this piece at MSNBC and with apologies to Elizabeth Barret Browning...

How do I violate thee? Let me count the ways.
I violate thee to the depth and breadth and height
My secret agents can reach, while hiding out of sight
For the ending of Freedom and ideal Grace.
I violate thee to the level of every database's
Most unquiet need, by dark surveillance.
I violate thee freely, as men shiver in Fright;
I violate thee freely, as they live in Hell.
I violate thee with a passion put to use
In my old grudges, and with my childish pique.
I violate thee with a lust I seemed to lose
With my lost bourbon, --- I violate thee with the breath,
Smiles, tears, of all I can swipe! ---and as God forbode,
I will violate your progeny even after death.
Bookmark and Share

2 Comments:

Blogger Kathy said...

Even when you're a mess you do a great job of blogging. You make me sick! :-)

7:23:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's so sweet of you to say Kathy but I think you've been blogging circles around me. I'm glad to finally have some time off so I can pull myself together and link to some of your posts.

7:31:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home