Sunday, February 12, 2006

Puzzling developments at the border

I don't what to make of this. After insisting on several occassions that the last incident was a simply a drug deal gone bad, the "Mexican cops" are sighted again in the same place, but no drugs. What on earth could they be thinking? I can't believe the Mexicans actually think they can invade us, so why all this visibility at the border?

I don't want to tell you my new theory is it's some sort of US black-ops to drum up anger at Mexico but it makes more sense than Fox deliberately taunting us with his army. Considering the conflicting versions of the response from Mexican officials, I guess I'll wait to see what develops before I make any further guesses.

[ht to Sabin]
Bookmark and Share

2 Comments:

Blogger Kathy said...

I suspect this has a lot to do with it: Texas Governor Rick Perry was releasing nearly $4 million dollars in additional funding for Operation Linebacker, to assist in their efforts to secure the border.

Call me a skeptic, but its pretty odd that just as a deputy and reporter show up in the area the Mexican cops can be seen darting around. I have a feeling its being staged to justify putting more money into securing the border - and that gives them one more reason to cut another social program all in the name of "protecting us" and giving some politically connected security firm a government contract.

1:50:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is a sleeper issue. I have a feeling a lot more vigilantism on the border in the next year.

2:41:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home