Saturday, June 24, 2006

Don't have to be rich to help the poor...

Well I am feeling much better but I'm still very spacey so time slipped away. I should be in bed since I have an early call but I don't think I can fall asleep just yet so here's a couple of odd items I meant to get to this morning. I was catching up on the comment section at DetNews and I thought this was one of the funniest ones I've ever read. I believe it's in response to one of George's posts on Bill Gates giving up his job for philanthropy. George often evokes Gates as proof positive that rich people can trusted to do what's right for society in general.

Anyway, this is by an infrequent but regular commenter, Rob L'Heureux of Canton, MI. The opening quote is from George's post.
"Wanna help mankind? ...Start a business, make money, give it away…He ( Bill Gates ) does it with his own loot, not money squeezed from taxpayers to create a government program."

George, I couldn't have said it better -- unless I said,"Wanna stop helping the poor, the elderly, the infirm, and veterans that fought for this country with money "squeezed" from taxpayers without having to become Bill Gates ( because that’s just too easy )? Run for office, get elected ( maybe by using smear campaigns, cheap wedge issues like gay adoption, wearing your ‘faith’ on your sleeve or promising to be a ‘uniter’ ), help your party take over all other branches of government ( maybe by employing tactics from unethical sleaze-bags like Karl Rove and Tom Delay ) and then propose tax cuts that only help millionaires.

Conservatives can be a funny lot:)
I thought it was clever. Wish I had thought of it. In fact I wish I was good at humor. I'm only funny when I don't intend to be.
Bookmark and Share

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home