Saturday, June 10, 2006

Pay no attention to those missing billions....

I went to the doctor on my one day off this week to deal with my blood pressure. He told me to start taking tranqs in the morning. Great. I'm muy tranquilo but I'm still working 12 hour days so now I'm really sleepy. Thus, I'm posting this interesting piece that comes via Richard Kastelein and calling it a night.

You remember the $21 billion that went missing at the beginning of the occupation in Iraq, I'm sure. And you'll recall Congress authorized an investigation. What you might not know, since I didn't, Bush attached a signing statement to that bill that prevented the investigation from being undertaken.

It occurs to me it might be useful to find out what the rest of those 740 odd signing statements covered. Time was some enterprising journalist would have written a story on that by now.
Bookmark and Share

2 Comments:

Blogger Kathy said...

My first reaction was unbelievable, but then I remembered the corrupt Republicans are in charge and nothing is beyond their reach.

I have to agree with the Lindorff's comment: My guess is that a fair piece of those many billions of dollars is sloshing around back in the U.S. paying for things like Republican Party electoral dirty tricks, vote theft, bribing of Democratic members of Congress, and god knows what else.

10:33:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's true Kathy. We've become so inured to corruption and outrage that nothing is really unbelievable anymore. I only hope we can survive this administration and that we all live to see the karmic kickback on these liars and thieves.

12:00:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home