Monday, July 10, 2006

Blog hopping

Morning Martini tells us paranoia runs deep in Cheney's twisted mind. Apparently the Veep operates on the 1% theory and we're not talking taxes here. His policies are based on the premise that a 1% chance of threat justifies immediate pre-emptive action. So apparently we went to war in Iraq because there was a 1% chance Saddam acutally owned any functional WMDs. That's like saying there's a 1% chance that the guy sitting at the end of the bar is going to get drunk and smack you, so you might as well just march right over there and punch him out before he gets the chance. Pissed off Patricia has much more to say at the link.

The Great White Snark informs us of the sad news that Cardinal Martini is hanging up his keyboard. I'll believe that when I see it. Many have tried to quit and few have succeeded. His emminence doesn't seem to allow comments that I could find but you can leave a message at The Snarks place for him.

The Heretik apparenty has a new toy. Check out his very own multimedia presentation. It short but way sweet.

Midwestern Progressive has some sharp thoughts on the attempted muzzling of the free press by the White House and its supporters. Worth reading in full. He finds the quote of the day.
Many Americans are so unsophisticated that they refuse to believe anything bad about their country. They regard acceptance of unpalatable truths as disloyalty.
He has this to say about it.
The problem with this philosophy, though, is that is sacrifices America’s honor, and our nation’s right to preach from actual moral high ground, on real-life situations that the nation and the world face today. Those Americans who continue to support the current administration do so out of loyalty to one man, rather than loyalty to America and to the ideals America and Americans stand for.
I don't know if they're unsophisticated so much as brainwashed into believing that to accept uncomfortable and unflattering truths is treasonous in some way. Somehow this administration has managed to make honesty a sin. Pretty frightening.

Heh. The Mayor of Simpleton is winning the astroturf wars. You go, yerhonor.
Bookmark and Share

11 Comments:

Blogger No Blood for Hubris said...

That Cheney thing is disturbing.

No wonder he's 99% wrong. Ee-ew.

11:00:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

a caller on NPR when suskind was on had a good point. what if there is a one percent chance iraq isn't going to be calm after we take baghdad. what if there's a one percent chance terrorists are going to strike the WTC.

thee one percent is being guided by his own ideology

11:53:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, I find it greatly disturbing but it sure does explain a lot.

4:46:00 PM  
Blogger Kathy said...

Hmm...there's more than a 1% chance I won't have enough saved for my retirement. Using Cheney's reasoning, that's a good reason to shore up social security and stop raiding the funds. Yeh, right, that'll never happen.

6:34:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have been in personal discussions with Cardinal Martini. It sounds pretty legit.

Will he return in another form someday? I don't know. But I think there is little chance that Cardinal Martini will continue beyond its projected end date.

6:59:00 PM  
Blogger His Honor the Mayor said...

I'm just wondering....what if I think there is a 1% chance of Cheney and Co. suspending the Bill of Rights and declaring martial law?

7:16:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yerhonor, I was wondering the same thing. And Kathy you're right not to hold your breath waiting for them to exercise the rule on behalf of us. And Snark, I'll believe it when I see it. A lot of people get burned out but as you well know, it's not quite as easy to quit as you think. I'll be sorry if he does, even though I didn't read him much.

7:55:00 PM  
Blogger Kathy said...

This is completely unrelated, but has anyone had problems getting into Great White Snark's blog? I keep getting a pop-up box asking me for my user name and password.

I've also tried getting in through the link on my blog and other blogs, but no success. I even typed the link directly into the address bar with no luck.

Gee, I hope GWS didn't ban me from his site permanently!

1:34:00 PM  
Blogger pissed off patricia said...

Thank you so very very much for linking to my post at Morning Martini. I truly do appreciate it.

4:55:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It was a great post Patricia. The pleasure was mine.

5:56:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry, I didn't notice your Q Kathy until the email came. I haven't had a problem but you should email Snark and tell him. If he hasn't banned me, it's seems unlikely he would ban you. ;-}

9:05:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home