Thursday, August 10, 2006

August surprise in the skies

I posted at the Detroit News about today's planned disruption of the international airline system. My first take wasn't well received. I picked up some bizarre criticism on that post including one person who called me a racist for allegedly implying that Pakistanis aren't good enough to be drafted by the AQ.

I followed up with this one tonight. Somehow I don't think they'll like it any better. All I have to add at the moment is the timing of the bust is bloody convenient. Nobody will be talking much about how the results of the primaries and try to stop all those inconvenient domestic spying programs like NSA now. Not to mention, the White House is pushing to make their war crimes retroactively legal. Quite a coincidence.

It stinks of Rovian tactics to me.
Bookmark and Share

4 Comments:

Blogger Kathy said...

I read through some of the comments people left you and was relieved to find some sanity among the nuts, especially from Judi and William P. They pointed out that fighting terrorism in Iraq has been a failure and the U.S. needs to focus on intelligence gathering and protecting our borders.

The Republicans are failures, failures, failures when it comes to fighting this war on terror. Iraq has been one big disaster. We've killed thousands of innocent people and blown up the country, yet terrorists flourish and continue to multiply. The money we've wasted could have been used to boost intelligence gathering, protect our borders, and beef up screening of ports, subways, trains, etc, and it would have created jobs in the process - jobs that could have been done here in America by Americans.

I just can't understand why the media continues to coddle this administration? THE BUSH ADMINISTRATION AND THE GOP ARE FAILURES. The represent death and destruction across the globe.

10:36:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was glad to see some sane comments too Kathy but there are still too many clinging to old delusions. I blame the media for it. Most people only have one news source and the reason the media gives Bush a pass is because they couldn't have become the homogenous power structure they are today without the GOP's help.

It's so time to break up the monopoly on news.

4:05:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm all over the August Surprise angle. I'm betting on a September Surprise and then...the biggie--the whole enchilada!

7:39:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I saw that post Kvatch. I think you're right. We ain't seen nothing yet.

7:28:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home