Friday, August 11, 2006

Time for a ceasefire

Regular readers know I've been horrified by the carnage in Israel and Lebanon and am just torn up over how my position affects on my Jewish friendships, so I was especially glad to just receive this from a friend who is as Jewish as they come.
Over the last 4 days, 200,000 people from 148 countries
have signed the ceasefire petition. At this rate, we could soon be the
largest global online petition in history.

The pressure is working. The global outcry over this crisis has pushed the Ambassadors to the UN Security Council to work around the clock to achieve an immediate ceasefire.

The latest word is that the Council may be close to a final vote today or tomorrow, but we've been this close before and negotiations have fallen apart. We need more pressure now to close the deal.
Sign the petition here and please pass it on. Time is of the essence.
Bookmark and Share

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

the best thing you can do for your jewish friends is to be as honest as possible.

6:19:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm always honest Lester. That's what gets me in trouble.

7:26:00 AM  
Blogger pissed off patricia said...

I believe it was at Juan Cole's site this morning I read that the people of Israel are not happy with this war and the approval of Olmert is almost as low as bush's approval here in the US

7:37:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm not surprised to hear it PoP. I had a feeling most ordinary Israelis don't support the carnage anymore than we support Bush's slaughter of innocents.

8:32:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home