Saturday, September 30, 2006

Quote of the day

Oliver Stone is going to take a lot of right wing flack for this .
"This war on Iraq is a disaster. I'm disgraced. I'm ashamed for my country," he said. "I'm also ashamed that America has attacked itself with its constitutional breakdowns. I'm deeply ashamed."
And he has a lot more to say.
"From September 12 on, the incident (the attacks) was politicized and it has polarized the entire world," said Stone. "It is a shame because it is a waste of energy to see that the entire world five years later is still convulsed in the grip of 9/11.

"It's a waste of energy away from things that do matter which is poverty, death, disease, the planet itself and fixing things in our own homes rather than fighting wars with others. Mr. Bush has set America back 10 years, maybe more."
As my friend pointed out tonight, he's set us farther back than that. When they dumped habeas corpus this week, they took us back to before the Magna Carta.
Bookmark and Share

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home