Sunday, September 10, 2006

Short hop from Islamic extremism to US fascism

This is an interesting, if skewed take, on 10 reasons why Islam is going to win the war. Subtly geared to demonize Islam under the guise of objective analysis, it still makes points worth pondering but this graf stuck me as particularly disingenous.
Moreover, to Islam’s further advantage, it has led most of today’s “progressives” to say little, or even to keep silent, about what would once have been regarded as the reactionary aspects of Islam: its oppressive hostility to dissent, its maltreatment of women, its supremacist hatred of selected out-groups such as Jews and gays, and its readiness to incite and to use extremes of violence against them. Mein Kampf circulates in Arab countries under the title Jihadi.
Let's rewrite it and see how it reads as an indictiment of the neo-con's policies.
Moreover, to US Fascists further advantage, it has led most of today’s “conservatives” to say little, or even to keep silent, about what would once have been regarded as the reactionary aspects of US Fascism: its oppressive hostility to dissent, its lordly assumption of the right to dictate women's choices, its supremacist hatred of selected out-groups such as brown skinned people and gays, and its readiness to incite and to use extremes of violence against them. Mein Kampf circulates in the USA under the title the PNAC Plan, The Unitary Executive and the GOP Tactical Plan for 06 and 08.
Works for me and frankly I'm more afraid of the fascists at home than I am of the terrorists abroad.
Bookmark and Share

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well I agree. I don't see the difference. There's very little an "islamo-fascist" can do to me that is worse than what my government is already doing to me.

10:40:00 PM  
Blogger Libby Spencer said...

really Kvatch. Living under Sharia law is likely to be slightly less restrictive.

11:01:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think that I was speaking in an "absolutist" sense. Both have the power and the will to make life unbearable. Which is worse? Lack of liberty? Or the illusion of liberty?

1:44:00 PM  
Blogger Libby Spencer said...

Sounds like a Buddhist koan Kvatch. Much too brainy for me to unravel on a Sunday...

2:15:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home