Sunday, November 12, 2006

Micro voting fraud

This is so sad. Candidate gets no votes -- but he voted for himself .
WALDENBURG, Arkansas (AP) -- Randy Wooten figured he would get at least one vote in his bid for mayor of this town of 80 people -- even if it was just his own.

He did not. Now he has to decide whether to file a formal protest.

Wooten got the news from his wife, Roxanne, who went to City Hall on Wednesday to see the election results.

"She saw my name with zero votes by it. She came home and asked me if I had voted for myself or not. I told her I did," said Wooten, owner of a local bar.

However, Poinsett County results reported Wednesday showed incumbent William H. Wood with 18 votes, challenger Ronnie Chatman with 18 votes and Wooten with zero.
I have to wonder why his wife didn't mention her vote. But nonetheless, as the bewildered candidate says, "It's just very hard to understand." I don't see what other explanation there could be other than his votes weren't counted. Just goes to show that voter fraud reaches really deep into the system.
Bookmark and Share

2 Comments:

Blogger His Honor the Mayor said...

That is scary, to think that with only about 37 votes to count, that they would screw it up. If somebody is tampering with the numbers, they are naive to think that nobody would notice.

11:06:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It does seem bizarre that no one would have questioned at the time of the count that the guy didn't even vote for himself.

11:18:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home