Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Harris pimps his press with apology

Isn't that funny. Here I thought this new "slow bleed" meme was just another clever little slur that some wingut made up but it turns out it was an editorial lie by John Harris, the editor of the new Beltway inzine - Politico.

John Harris is a clever guy. With this psuedo-apology, he manages to to pimp his paper and make himself the story while he protests so much that he never wanted to become the story. That can't be bad for circulation. Who does he think he's fooling?

But I hope the meme keeps going because slowing down the bleeding beats a rapid bleed out any day of the week. I think the latter analogy fits Bush's surge strategy pretty well in terms of what it is doing to our military. I see a Rovian style opportunity here for the Democrats to turn the phrase against their detractors. I don't know why they don't run with it.
Bookmark and Share

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home