Saturday, March 31, 2007

Ex-operative Dowd says Bush failed his trust

Cry me a river. Six years after the fact, political opportunist Matthew Dowd is ever so sorry he helped Bush screw us over. The "disappointed Democrat" who followed the money and sidled up to the GOP as soon as they held the power, and the pursestrings, now admits he made a mistake. Sure he and Rove put their little heads together and cooked up every dirty trick in the book to get their Boy Blunder into office and keep him there, but Bush seemed like such a nice guy at the time. Now Dowd feels betrayed.
He criticized the president as failing to call the nation to a shared sense of sacrifice at a time of war, failing to reach across the political divide to build consensus and ignoring the will of the people on Iraq. He said he believed the president had not moved aggressively enough to hold anyone accountable for the abuses at Abu Ghraib prison in Iraq, and that Mr. Bush still approached governing with a “my way or the highway” mentality reinforced by a shrinking circle of trusted aides.
Like all of that wasn't obvious before the 04 election? Digby digs up the dirty laundry Dowd is trying to wash clean with his crocodile tears. Dowd isn't sorry he supported Bush because of his dirty deeds or he would have quit the campaign. He's sorry Bush was so bad at accomplishing them that he got caught and now they're all going to go down in disgrace.

I've often wished that we would all live to see the karmic kickback for the remorselessly vile ways that Bush and his minions like Dowd have betrayed us. To see Dowd so frantically trying to distance himself from the administration now leads me to think we may yet see this whole gang of thugs and cutthroats go down in shame and disaster.

Labels: , , , ,

Bookmark and Share

8 Comments:

Blogger nolocontendere said...

This is a very important point that has to be stressed over and over. The water carriers, brownshirts and fascist toadies that enabled and nurtured the most despicable crew of lying, murderous sociopaths the world has ever seen must never. get. off. the. hook.

If we want any kind of decent future we have to make sure those helpmaids never get away with what they did, otherwise it'll be done again and again. Now that remorse has set in we have to shove it down their throats and up their asses and never, ever let them forget what they did.

Those empowering sycophants are going to use every trick in the book to slither away from what they did - they'll have faux confessions like Dowd; they'll try to rewrite history and pretend they didn't do it; they'll fake ignorance; they'll play the victims. Screw that noise.

For over 6 years we warned about this, we unwaveringly shouted from the rooftops about this cabal and what filth they were doing and were ridiculed, insulted and marginalized. Now that the tide's turned we're expected to embrace the brain dead suckups and forgive and forget when it will take DECADES to recover from this hideous nightmare, if we ever do.

No. Slap them senseless with what they've done, never let them forget what they've done. Never let them try to do it again.

2:14:00 AM  
Blogger Libby Spencer said...

Wow. You got as angry as I did over this one Nolo. Funny, I woke up this morning thinking maybe I was a little hard on Dowd in judging his motives and it was a little arrogant for me to do so. Maybe he really is genuinely sorry. Time was I would have been more sympathetic and given him the benefit of the doubt.

But six years of deceit and malfeasance have made me cynical and bitter. I think that's what makes me angriest of all. They've destroyed my trust in my fellow American.

10:51:00 AM  
Blogger nolocontendere said...

Yes Libby, this really hits home with me aside from the general political reality that it was the 'good germans' that aided and abetted the nazis.

When the propaganda started about Iraq in the fall of 2002 I really tried having a dialog with family members about it. My stepson's a cop and ex Marine and absolutely refused to discuss Iraq with me. I saw what was coming and I desperately tried to get the truth out to family members because a grandson (another step kid's) was approaching military age.

I feel it was his braindead support for his commander in chief when we all needed to discuss what was happening that led to my grandson joining the army and possibly being sent to the meatgrinder. I'll probably never see them again. In fact my disgust for all the braindead mouthbreathing enablers around heremade me decide to cash it all in and move as far away as possible to remote Colorado, which I'm in the process of doing. I simply flat out despise the brownshirts and their fawning suck up to fascist scum like BushCo.

3:00:00 AM  
Blogger Libby Spencer said...

It is tough to be the only liberal in the family. I know from experience. Fortunately, my family is more easily persuaded, not to mention they're thinkers, not blind loyalists so we find ourselves in a rare state of agreement on a lot of issues now.

Sorry to hear your grandson joined up. I'm sure that's terrifying but try to keep a positive thought about it.

9:27:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Actually, I consider myself a level headed liberal with some conservative values, but always willing to hear both sides and then come to my own conclusions. I'm with Nolo on this one. Just another rat bailing on a sinking ship while trying to set himself up to be picked up by the incoming adminstration. Talk about a toadie! Being a Harry Potter fan, I'd call him Wormtail. I'm also glad that I'm not the only one who sees the parallels between Nazi Germany and what is currently happening in our country. We could also compare it to communisim or fascism, any oppressive dictatorship demigogic government will do. My back is bad, my joints hurt every day, but I'm ready to take it to the streets, scream until I lose my voice and try to wake up my fellow Americans before it's too late. We are, historically a young empire and history tells us time and again the stories of the rises and falls of all previous empires. We, the people, must get into position to save our country when the current system comes tumbling down.

10:30:00 AM  
Blogger Libby Spencer said...

Rocky, I love it when you talk that.

11:50:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Then we need to spend more time together.

1:21:00 PM  
Blogger Libby Spencer said...

LOL Rocky. We certainly do need to do that. Now that I have a nice new place to entertain you, perhaps I can tempt you into visiting with my new pool. Let's not let another summer go by without making that happen.

2:58:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home