Thursday, May 24, 2007

Some dare call it betrayal

By Libby

I have been bitching for over a week now about the Democrats' inexcusable failure to stand up to our reckless Feckless Leader, but it's not a real smackdown until Keith Olbermann delivers it and rightly so, since he does it so well.

Of course it's all the all the buzz this morning while Dan DiRito adds a prediction I made so long ago I can't find the link.
…if the above comes to pass, rest assured that the deafening drone that will emerge will be the sound of the collective awareness and awakening of an American voter tsunami hell bent on tearing up the template of our two party system and starting over.
Such is the loneliness of the B-list blogger. You can talk tough but nobody notices outside of your cadre of loyal readers. I don't mind though. I'm just thrilled to see more influential voices give this meme some legs.

It's clear the only way we're going to get any meaningful oversight out of the Democrats is with a good swift kick where it hurts the most - in their re-election prospects. Contact your Beltway blowhards and tell them to end this occupation or start looking for a buyer for their DC digs because they're not going to need them come November 08.

Labels: , , , ,

Bookmark and Share

9 Comments:

Blogger Capt. Fogg said...

It may be that we're not going to need Congress at all, after November 8th - or after Bush assumes the dictatorial powers he gave himself a couple of weeks ago. All he needs is a national emergency (real or virtual) and that won't be hard to construct.

Evidence shows that he intends to remain in Iraq indefinitely and without becoming president for life, he can't perform the mission to bring about Armageddon the voices in his head tell him to.

9:36:00 AM  
Blogger Libby Spencer said...

Fogg - I've been saying that since practically the day Bush was appointed president, certainly since 02. I don't know whether to be heartened or frightened that you see it as a plausible scenario as well.

9:44:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is one thing I also agree on. Bush seems totally unconcerned with the fact he'll be gone next year. There is so much secrecy and deception surrounding this administration and that wall to the south really bothers me. I keep thinking I must just be getting paranoid, but it is not in my nature to be this paranoid about anything.

10:29:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

the beltway is the problem. it's like the green zone: totally unaffected by the consequences of it's dictates and in no hurray to change course.

write in Ron Paul for president. bulldoze all these weak ass motherfuckers

10:39:00 AM  
Blogger Libby Spencer said...

Rocky - like the old saying goes - just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get you.

Lester - I'm down with the throw the bums out thing but I have to say the more I learn about Ron Paul, the less I support him despite some very good positions on issues I care about.

I'm leaning more towards Gravel these days if we're going to support an old guy.

11:01:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

if you don't voter for Ron Paul you're gay. I mean, if the constitution is too extreme for you you should just tie oily rags around your ankles so squirrels don't steal your nuts. that was something dale earnhardt once said that i read in a magazine and half remember and I know you don't have nuts.

3:50:00 PM  
Blogger Libby Spencer said...

Lester - that's the nuttiest thing you ever said to me. I'll assume you were drinking that high octane malt shit when you wrote that.

3:18:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

no way. I won't stand for your support of the welfare state democrats anymore. I won't stand for it. give me liberty or give me death

2:01:00 PM  
Blogger Libby Spencer said...

Calm down Lester. You're just going to have to accept it.

3:20:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home