Monday, July 30, 2007

Send a kind thought to John Roberts

By Libby

John Roberts fell off something today. They say he's fine but this sure sounds scary to me.

St. George Ambulance responded to a call at about 2 p.m. Monday of a man who had fallen 5 to 10 feet and landed on a dock, hitting the back of his head. The patient was ashen and was foaming at the mouth. National news report quotes a Supreme Court spokeswoman as saying that Roberts was conscious the entire time of the incident. That spokeswoman has not returned a telephone call to the newspaper.

...A comprehensive neurological examination was administered to the chief justice and the seizure was determined to be a benign one, the hospital stated. The chief justice suffered a similar seizure in 1993.

A benign seizure? I wouldn't think any sort of seizure could be considered benign but I suppose they just mean it's not life threatening. Anyway, I'm no fan of the man's decisions but I hope he really is okay.

Labels:

Bookmark and Share

7 Comments:

Blogger nolocontendere said...

Jeebus Libby, you're such a sweety.
Actually I believe Roberts has a deep, dark and extremely conflicting secret life that's causing him a world of cognitive dissonance.

10:45:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I lke John Robert. I think him and Alito are the only good things Bush has to show for himself in his term as president. I hope he's okay

10:20:00 AM  
Blogger Libby Spencer said...

LOL Nolo. I admit my first thought was less kind but then I imagined what it must have been like for his family to watch him lying there twitching like a dead zombie. It must have been awful.

Lester - I don't hate the man, just his decisions. He has been a terrible Chief Justice. His decisions are convoluted and wishy-washy.

11:23:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

so has john edwards's. namely on the war

2:03:00 PM  
Blogger Libby Spencer said...

Edwards is not a SCOTUS justice for life Lester. No comparison.

9:54:00 AM  
Blogger Kathy said...

We should all be so lucky to have the same health insurance as Roberts. That ER visit and neurological workup won't be cheap. I hope he remembers to thank us taxpayers who foot the bill.

10:03:00 AM  
Blogger Libby Spencer said...

Good point Kathy.

11:20:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home