Thursday, August 16, 2007

A little help for a friend

By Libby

If you're looking to get rich, under no circumstances should you start blogging about politics. It gets to be an all-encompassing enterprise. You're glued to the news, you toil away for hours a day and you don't make a living from it. Some of the more tech savvy make beer money on blogads but a mere handful make a pretty good living on big advertisers and donations. In fact, for most of us, we spend our own money to give our work for free.

My own paypal button has been on the sidebar for months and I haven't seen a red cent. But I don't mind. I have a job that pays the bills and I'm happy for your company. I figure most of my readers are about as insolvent as I am and as long as I have a few frozen dinners in the frig, it's all good and so I have never blegged for myself.

However, every once in while a fellow blogger gets in a financial jam and I do ask that people try to help them out. My friend Michael van der Galien is in just such a jam. He's a right wing blogger and I often disagree strongly with his views, but he's a really sweet guy, unfailing polite, and he just got engaged. He needs money for himself and his future bride, so if you can do anything, please click over.

Oh, and while I'm thinking of it, he also just made some changes to his blog. It's now called The Van Der Galiën Gazette and he's planning on adding a few more bloggers to the mix. I probably won't change my blogroll because I tend to list by the blogger's names anyway and the URL didn't change but if you list by blog title, you'll want to update your listing.

Labels:

Bookmark and Share

3 Comments:

Blogger Michael van der Galiën said...

thanks for spending some attention to it Libby.

Right-wing? The compliments make up for that though ;)

And you are right about blogging: but money isn't why we are doing it, is it? :) I often think that all of us are (mildly) obsessed. How else to explain it?

5:36:00 PM  
Blogger Libby Spencer said...

LOL Michael. I'm afraid you are a little right wing darling, but in a good way.

I would agree we're all at least mildly obsessed. I'm probably in the more than mildly category.

9:56:00 AM  
Blogger Michael van der Galiën said...

:D I thought that being a right-winger "but in a good way" wasn't possible? ;)

Same here. :) I would actually want to do this for a living.

6:05:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home