Sunday, September 16, 2007

Fredo's farewell

By Libby

This is quote of the day from our departing AG which I believe he said as part of his farewell speech.
"Over the past two and a half years, I have seen tyranny, dishonesty, corruption and depravity of types I never thought possible," Gonzales said in prepared remarks at a Hispanic Heritage Month ceremony at Bolling Air Force Base. "I've seen things I didn't know man was capable of.

"... and that was just about his superiors
"...and that was just at my weekly staff meetings."

Okay so I made that up. I guess he was talking about his prosecutions, but the unholy trinity of Bush, Cheney and Rove did spring to mind when I read that.

[Ed. note: new punch line thanks to Max in comments.]

Labels:

Bookmark and Share

4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Over the past two and a half years, I have seen tyranny, dishonesty, corruption and depravity of types I never thought possible...

"...and that was just at my weekly staff meetings."

10:26:00 AM  
Blogger Libby Spencer said...

LOL Max. Much better punch line. I'm going to use it instead. Thanks.

11:07:00 AM  
Blogger Capt. Fogg said...

Sounds almost Ginsbergian, doesn't it?

11:11:00 AM  
Blogger Libby Spencer said...

I'm not sure what Ginsbergian might really sound like Fogg but I did think it perfectly described his work life, just not in the way he meant it.

11:19:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home