Thursday, September 27, 2007

Our politicians have betrayed us

By Libby

Can it get any worse? If it can I don't want to know today. I'm maxed out on outrage. The Senate, meekly following in the footsteps of our useless House, has resolved to give Bush a free ticket to pre-emptively bomb Iran and our leading Democratic candidates for president can't bring themselves to promise to end the occupation of Iraq by 2013.

I expressed my disgust at Newshoggers this morning and I can't bring myself to talk about it anymore for the moment. I'll just reiterate here that it's clear to me the Democratic party has no real interest in reining in the excesses of the Bush administration because they think they're going to win big in 08 and they want to co-opt that unitary executive power for themselves. I think the only way we're going to stop them is to throw all the bums out in 08, on both sides.

You know, I'm not a religious person but I'm praying this morning that a true leader will step forward that the people can coalesce around and who is truly interested in saving our form of government. I sure as hell don't see one in our current crop of politicians.

Labels: , , , ,

Bookmark and Share

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home