Saturday, September 29, 2007

War made much too easy

By Libby

For some reason it comforts me a little to remember that our government has been lying to us for decades in order to keep us in some war or another. I'm trying to talk myself into believing that maybe it just seems worse under this administration because with the internet, it's so much easier and quicker to expose the lies.

Watching the clips from a new documentary, War Made Easy, I remember most of those speeches from when they occurred live. I wonder if the world would have been different today, if we had today's technology back then. I remember when it took three days to get news from say China, rather than three seconds on google. And it tooks years, indeed decades, for the truth about previous administration's deceits to come out.

In any event, this is a project undertaken by the Media Education Foundation, which is based in my old hometown of Northampton, MA and still employs some old friends of mine, so I'm looking forward to the opportunity to see the film when it comes around to my new digs here in the south.

Labels:

Bookmark and Share

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home