Friday, October 19, 2007

Joke or Freudian slip?

By Libby

This is a couple of days old and maybe I just missed it, but I didn't see a lot of coverage over this remark from a recent White House presser.

Reporter: Mr. President, following up on Vladimir Putin for a moment, he said recently that next year, when he has to step down according to the constitution, as the president, he may become prime minister; in effect keeping power and dashing any hopes for a genuine democratic transition there ...

Bush: I've been planning that myself.

I'm not so sure he's joking even if he pretended to be making light of it.

[hat tip Jules]

Labels: ,

Bookmark and Share

3 Comments:

Blogger Swampcracker said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

4:10:00 PM  
Blogger Swampcracker said...

If there were a standard analogy test with this question:

A) President + Prime Minister
B) President + Vice President
C) Dummy + Ventriloquist
D) Franks + Beans

Which of the above does not belong?

5:01:00 PM  
Blogger Libby Spencer said...

You'll have to ask Fogg. He's better at these things than I am.

5:53:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home