Wednesday, October 24, 2007

The second worst candidate for President

By Libby

The honor really has to go to Fred Thompson for these delicious quotes. Speaking of the recent high profile defections from his team.

"You know, the campaign can address that. I can't really address who's doing — and who was doing — exactly what at every level of this campaign," Thompson said after speaking to about 300 people at a restaurant in South Carolina. "They're the ones who know what's going on on a daily basis. ... I'll let the experts speak on that."

Yep, because there is nothing less important to a candidate than staying on top of what's going on with the chief staff of his campaign. Hope he brings that work ethic to the White House.

And then there's this little gem when asked about the controversy over the primary schedules and the possible barring of delegates.
"It's hard to figure out, so I don't try to," Thompson said. "There's really not much a candidate can do about that. You hate to see anybody lose their delegates. I hope that they're able to work it out."

Really. Who needs delegates to win anyway? Astounding. The guy can't be bothered to follow major developments in the structure of the race but he's going to solve the quagmire in the Middle East? I'm just filled with confidence in his razor sharp focus.

Labels: ,

Bookmark and Share

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

And who might be your "first" worst candidate? (Hard for me to choose)

12:21:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Never mind. I'll go with the Kevin Drum pick for worst of the worst. But let me add this:

Ghouliani has surrounded himself with a gaggle of neo-con hegemonist advisors who will have us in preemptive wars for the rest of lives. No thanks.

12:27:00 AM  
Blogger nolocontendere said...

Adolph is positively the most lowlife self serving scum that has ever disgraced the political scene, which is why his candidacy fascinates me, swampcracker.
And Libby - didn't we predict that Freddy boy would turn out to be an empty suit?

4:04:00 AM  
Blogger Libby Spencer said...

Swampcracker, I see you were reading backwards and Rudy does take the prize for worst.

Nolo - history has indeed vindicated us but we're unlikely to get any credit although I believe we were among the very first to predict it.

10:45:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My main concern at this point: Will voters again fall sucker to fear-mongering and demogogic appeals, or, this time, will enough voters see through the empty suit and do the right thing.

1:23:00 PM  
Blogger Libby Spencer said...

Who know SC? I got my fingers crossed but it's a long way to election day.

6:33:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home