Sunday, October 21, 2007

Waxing nostalgic - Psychedelia edition

By Libby

Well, Atrios posted this song from a band called The 1900s who bill themselves as a psychedelic band. As young people's music go, it's a pretty good song. Really nice harmony on the vocals but the lyrics aren't that deep and the band doesn't have that much musicality. Not unpleasant at all mind you, but psychedelic? I would call it more like folky trance.

This is psychedelic.



So sue me. I think the old stuff is better.

Labels: , ,

Bookmark and Share

4 Comments:

Blogger Capt. Fogg said...

More like a Dylan rip-off, but you know, the music died a long time ago.

9:18:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I go to a record store her ein Boston called Twisted Village that carries alot of pyschedelic music. There is an amazing series of world pyschedelic music put together by obsessive record collecters. there's "turkish pyschedelic music" "south american psychedelic music" even "american pyschedelic music" . the south american one is amazing.

Also, the band Ghost who are from Japan are sick. one of my favorite bands. on the drag city record label. they are way way out there.

10:11:00 AM  
Blogger Libby Spencer said...

It's sad. There's so few successful bands with true musicality . It's all about promotion.

Lester, I don't follow current bands but I'm finding the term psychedelic to be rather elastic. I'm not sure the bands claiming the genre nowadays really deserve it.

11:07:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

http://www.turnmeondeadman.net/ADM/GPCSeries/LovePeaceandPoetry.html

^this is the compilation series I was referring too. no samples unfortunately and they are now prohibitively expensive. must be out of print

9:10:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home