Tuesday, October 23, 2007

We all want to change the world

By Libby

I went to the doctor again this morning. I don't what it is about medical appointments that exhausts me so, but I've done nothing else this afternoon, but write this one post at Newshoggers about the 60s versus today's youth that no one will probably read.

Hard to believe it took me an hour to write it. I didn't say that much but I spent a really long time thinking about how it felt to be young and believe you could really change the world. I'm sorry to see that today's kids don't believe they can.

Labels: , , ,

Bookmark and Share

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think the fact that we had to take it to the streets made all the difference. Your face and voice were out there for all the world to see and here. Now, we all sit in the dark,anonymous world of cyberspace where nobody knows your name. It was a magical time and I do miss it sometimes.

8:44:00 PM  
Blogger Libby Spencer said...

Well Rocky, it made a difference then but they're taking to the streets now and it doesn't work like it used to because the media ignores or downplays it.

New times call for new tactics. I was just set off by this kid saying it was all so much easier for us. We took our chances to try to change the world. Too bad it didn't stick.

8:31:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home