Friday, December 14, 2007

Blame the bloggers - part 347

By Libby

The slow motion pile on of 'professional' journalists who are crapping in their pants over the emerging power of Blogtopia to drive the public debate, comes today from this idiot at the Atlanta Journal Constitution. The guy warns of the perils of 'unregulated' reporting. According to his reasoning, only the paid media elite should be allowed to be gatekeepers of the information chain.

There's already enough widepread mockery on his op-ed so I won't bother to add any snark. And if you don't feel like wading through all of the posts, I thought Kyle and Kathy had great takedowns.

I'm just going to add that I think there should be a rule that 'professional journalists' who obviously don't have a clue about the blogosphere shouldn't be allowed to embarrass their home publications with clueless whining about unfettered free speech. I mean a guy who doesn't know the difference between a viral email smear campaign and blog posts probably needs to do a little fact-checking himself before he starts tapping on the keyboard.

Labels: , , ,

Bookmark and Share

5 Comments:

Blogger Kathy said...

Thanks, Libby!

I loved Kyle's take-down. I'm glad he said it, because someone needed to, and I couldn't have done it, since I'm the wrong gender. :-)

Good on ya, Kyle, if you're reading this. :-)

12:55:00 PM  
Blogger Swampcracker said...

Why is crass stupidity always so predictable?

1:47:00 PM  
Blogger Libby Spencer said...

Yours was great too Kathy.

SC, I don't know, but it certainly is as predictable as a sunrise.

3:57:00 PM  
Blogger nolocontendere said...

"Education, skill and standards"
Sweet Jeebus.

2:28:00 AM  
Blogger Libby Spencer said...

Astounding, isn't it Nolo?

10:29:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home