Saturday, December 22, 2007

Excess Hoggage - Five to One Edition

By Libby

Song in my head. Well, my two hour shopping excursion, turned into a six hour ordeal so I pretty much fell into bed when I got home.

So I'm blogging at Newshoggers this morning where I give you the gory details and ponder what this shopping season says about the state of the economy.

Otherwise I have a mixed bag. I discovered an easy path to reconciliation in Iraq.

The CCC brings new meaning to the phrase Onward Christian Soldiers.

My friends show up in the strangest places.

I have another brilliant idea to solve our governmental breakdown. It's simple really. Eliminate earmarks.

I wish I had found this video when the Beauchamp mob was beating up on that poor soldier. It may not have helped his case, but it surely pointed out that bad stuff happens in war zones.

Another GOP rat jumps from the sinking ship.

The Dems are trying to shelve Byrd. I'd agree it's time to do so and they should get rid of Reid while they're at it.

When we're looking at what's wrong with our health care system, don't blame the doctors. It's really not their fault. They're as much a victim of the insurance companies as any of us are.

And finally, I was pretty outraged that an Italian court would force a child to change his name. I was surprised to find out in the comment section, that this is not uncommon in other countries. Who knew?

Labels: ,

Bookmark and Share

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

the vid links say no longer available, Libby.

5:55:00 PM  
Blogger Libby Spencer said...

How odd. I could have sworn the first one at least was working when I dug it up. They were most unflattering to the troops.

One showed our soldiers shooting out the tires of a following car. Another showed them trashing a taxi cab and the last one was the most heartbreaking. It showed them making a group of Iraqi kids run after their vehicle to get water. They only threw one or two bottles after making them run for a long time. The worst was listening to them laugh about it.

Thanks for the heads up.

6:26:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home