Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas



For those of you like me, who didn't get snow for Christmas, here's a little bit of the white stuff to make your holiday bright thanks to my dear friend, John W. Farrell. And I have a charming Christmas story about the kindness of strangers.

I ordered a gift on-line from a company I had never dealt with before that was supposed to come yesterday by priority mail. I had gone down to meet the mailman to spare him the walk up the stairs but the package didn't arrive as promised. I was bummed. That was my most important gift and I needed it for today. But what can you do?

Last night at about 7:30 I was startled by a knock on the door. I don't customarily get unexpected visitors. It was the mailman. He said he had noticed when he finished his run that the package was at the PO. He made a special trip back here on his own time to give it to me. Now that is the true spirit of Christmas and the best present I've received in a long time. It restored my faith in the goodness of my fellow man.

[cross-posted to The Reaction]

Labels:

Bookmark and Share

4 Comments:

Blogger nolocontendere said...

I'm glad your experience was a positive one about the kindness of strangers. I do it as frequently as possible, and it exists to me as a reflex action rather than a concerted decision. We must understand that our bush/kali yuga descent precludes all altruistic tendencies. And the Bushistas thrive on that dirty process.

1:57:00 PM  
Blogger Libby Spencer said...

It is nice to see human kindness manifest itself Nolo. I like to think it will resurge once the Bushistas leave The Village.

2:12:00 PM  
Blogger Capt. Fogg said...

You mean they're leaving???

10:31:00 AM  
Blogger Libby Spencer said...

One can only hope, Fogg.

10:35:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home