Thursday, December 27, 2007

A little light magic


By Libby

I'm visiting my sister for a couple of days and I just can't deal with politics at the moment. The world appears to have gone crazy while I was sleeping. I'd rather tell you about this most amazing light show my sis took me to last night, at Tanglewood Park.

The first Festival of Lights in 1992 was a 1.5 mile route with only twenty five displays. Today the route has grown to just under 4 miles with one hundred eighty displays, of which seventy are animated.

The show is so large they have to start erecting the displays in August to get them ready for the annual November opening. It was so long and the animated displays were so psychedelic, I swear I felt like I was a having an acid flashback. I couldn't find any video but the Tanglewood site a slide show of most of the displays. [scroll down at link]

My personal favorites were the tunnel of falling snowflakes, the fire breathing dragon in the lake, the elves shooting off the fireworks and the golfer that drives a golf ball that looks like it's going to hit your car. The stills really don't do them justice though. I'd recommend anyone who lives nearby to actually take the drive through to get the full effect. It was well worth the nine bucks per car and the money goes to charity. [graphic via]

Labels:

Bookmark and Share

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home