Monday, December 24, 2007

Media Bytes - Christmas edition

By Libby

Song in my head.


This is my favorite Christmas song. I've loved it all my life but every time I hear it now, it reminds me of my dear departed friend and former employer Ronnie Sarazin. Ron owned the BayState Hotel where I bartended. He was grouchy, irrascible old SOB but he had a hidden sentimental side a mile wide. He always made sure that the jukebox guy had this song in the rotation with the rest of the Christmas music and on Christmas Eve he would pump in ten bucks and play it over and over. I guess he loved it too. I loved him for that. May he rest in peace.

This was amusing. Twas the Night Before Spitmas and O'Reilly was there, spreading his bile without a care.

Some of these made me laugh out loud. A charming year end review of silly newsbreaks from the New Yorker.

I may have posted this many months ago, but David D just found it and posted it to the listserv. I still like it. Geometric arts.


And this was especially moving. A new website pushing back against the propaganda and trying to prevent the bombing of Iran. Photo Activists for Peace. Check out the galleries, they're gorgeous and speak volumes about what Iran is really like. It looks a whole lot more peaceful and happy than Iraq. Heck it looks more peaceful than America. I'll tell you that. And if you like the photos, read Williams Wedin's article about the project. It's an eyeopener.

Merry Christmas to all who celebrate and a joyous celebration of life to those who mark this time in other ways. Peace be with you all.

Labels: ,

Bookmark and Share

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home