Thursday, December 20, 2007

Time to remember - Part One

By Libby

I was digging through my archives last night for reasons unrelated to this post, but it's always interesting to see what you might have forgotten in the intervening months. I'm was especially entertained by my predictions. On January 9th, I wrote:

Here's my first prediction for 2008. It will be the first election that turns on the internets. If this post at HuffPo by Ted Kennedy is any indication, the politicians are finally catching up to the technology. I thought it was really significant that he embedded his YouTube and asked readers to pass it along.

That was right on I think but I also predicted that Obama was getting into the race too soon and that Webb and Tester would emerge as consensus candidates by now. I guess I don't have a future as a seer.

On a different note, in light of the current imbroglio over FISA and eavesdropping, I was surprised that I had forgotten we discovered back in January, Bush had decided it was okay for DHS to open your snail mail without a warrant. I suppose they're still doing that.

Labels: ,

Bookmark and Share

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home