Sunday, February 17, 2008

I get a kick out of you

By Libby



When I was a kid, this is what we watched on TV after the newshour was over. Gloves were mandatory in those days. I had a least half a dozen myself, in varying shades of white. Wrist length. Long gloves were for grownups and movie stars. Sometimes you were required to wear a hat as well. Those were the rules.

Dinah's Jane Jetson get up though... that was cutting edge, as was she. She busted through the boy's club and became a powerful player in an male dominated industry. I was a big fan.

Labels: , ,

Bookmark and Share

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow, talk about bringing back memories. Haven't thought about Dinah in decades. As I recall, she did the Burt Reynolds thing at one time didn't she?

4:51:00 AM  
Blogger Libby Spencer said...

Yeah. He the first in a long string of younger boyfriends.

9:07:00 AM  
Blogger Capt. Fogg said...

Burt is a local here. He has been around the block himself and is much the worse for wear. He sold his ranch but he still has his house on Jupiter Sound and I pass it all the time when I take the boat south.

Maybe I'm kinky, but I think long gloves are sexy. I dress like the average warf rat myself, but I miss the days when people dressed up instead of down.

11:21:00 AM  
Blogger Libby Spencer said...

I think long gloves are tres sexy Fogg. I owned a couple of pair as an adult. Didn't find much cause to wear them unfortunately. Nobody ever invites me to gala affairs.

1:39:00 PM  
Blogger Capt. Fogg said...

The last gala event I attended was the Port Salerno Fish festival. Not the sort of thing you wear socks to.

The days of Palm Beach suits and panama hats are gone. We don't often wear socks at the yacht club for that matter - but hey, anytime you're in South Florida, you're invited.

I know I'm revealing my age, but stockings with the seam down the back are hot too.

3:19:00 PM  
Blogger Libby Spencer said...

Seamed stockings are hotter than hot. Hard to find them anymore but I think they may still sell them in places that cater to the fetish crowd.

4:01:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home