Saturday, March 29, 2008

Dirty effin' hippies convene

By Libby

I would have liked to go to the Atriots convention. The speakers are knockout great bloggers, and I would have loved to hear them speak at length and maybe meet some of them in person. I didn't go for a number of reasons. First my schedule made it impossible to attend and secondly, even though it's fairly close by and cheap by the usual standard for these sort of gatherings, I still couldn't afford the $400 bucks I figure it would have cost me. I can't afford much these days with the price I'm paying for a single payer health insurance policy.

But also, you might be surprised to learn I'm rather shy and the Atriots are such a closeknit group, I probably wouldn't have gone, even if I could. I don't feel all that welcome in the comment section. I can't imagine I'd feel more comfortable arriving alone, on the physical plane. I'm not close to any of them, even in the cybersense and I get the sense most of them are a lot younger than me and I would have felt very out of place.

Too bad. Via Avedon, I see Sinfonian is liveblogging the event and it does sound like they're having fun. Besides it's always interesting to see what people you've never met really look like in person, as compared to your vision of them. NTodd for instance, didn't look a bit like I expected him to. I hope Sinfonian posts more pix, especially of the attendees. I'd love to see what some of the non-blogging regs look like.

Labels:

Bookmark and Share

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home