Thursday, July 31, 2008

Spy Czar gets new powers

By Libby

Bush signed a new order on intelligence agencies vesting almost complete power in his national intelligence director, Mike McConnell. The CIA will no longer be in charge of intelligence policy. They will now be merely implementing the decisions of Bush's appointee.

The White House felt compelled to volunteer that no civil rights were abridged in the making of this drastic revamp of 50 years of tradition. A sure sign that there's something buried in the paper that does. I can hardly wait for the public release to find out, how.

Labels:

Bookmark and Share

4 Comments:

Blogger danps said...

Well it's not like McConnell has been a shameless demagogue or anything.

8:06:00 AM  
Blogger Libby Spencer said...

Good point Dan, which I would added myself last night when I realized I forgot it but I locked out of the blog because of some glitch at Blogger's end. It's weird not being able to post.

10:21:00 AM  
Blogger danps said...

Skippy has been having a problem too. Hmmmmm...

11:03:00 AM  
Blogger Libby Spencer said...

So is a few other DFH blogs according to the Atriots. But I hear non-poliblogs are also being locked so I put away the tinfoil for now.

12:36:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home