Tuesday, August 19, 2008

A moment in TV history

I was hoping she would replace Tweety but still, this is good news
Just in time for the closing rush of the presidential election, MSNBC is shaking up its prime-time programming lineup, removing the long-time host –- and one-time general manager of the network — Dan Abrams from his 9 p.m. program and replacing him with Rachel Maddow, who has emerged as a favored political commentator for the all-news cable channel.
A liberal lesbian as a lead talking head. It would been unthinkable in 04. If I still get MSNBC on my cable, I may start watching teevee again for this.


[More posts daily at The Newshoggers and The Detroit News.]

Labels: ,

Bookmark and Share

2 Comments:

Blogger Capt. Fogg said...

I've been listening to her on Air America for a couple of years. I'm amazed actually. I'm not sure what to think of MSNBC now. It seems like a real about-face.

8:59:00 AM  
Blogger Libby Spencer said...

It's a start anyway but I don't have much hope that it signals a huge turnaround. They still have Tweety Matthews on the roster.

9:21:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home