Sunday, October 26, 2008

Media bytes - It won't be long edition

Song in my head. I've never heard of Alison Moyet before HoneyBear Kelly turned me on to this song last night. I like her. She reminds me of my friend Madeline Peyroux, only a little harder edged. And indeed, it won't be long now, although these last two weeks before election day seemed to be dragging along slower than the last day of elementary school before summer recess.

Anyway, it's Sunday and we could all use some easy links to while away the time while we're waiting.

This week's notable newspaper endorsement for Obama comes from Alaska's largest, the Anchorage Daily News. I hear the Detroit News endorsed McCain but I didn't bother to read it since one of my co-bloggers already complained about it and besides the Detroit Free Press endorsed Obama. I think in Detroit, newspaper endorsements don't mean much anyway and they cancel each other out.

Speaking of being cancelled out, the silly case over Obama's birth certificate was dismissed for lack of standing. I expect that's why the wingers have moved on to horrified indigination over Obama's fundraising software.

Meanwhile, Jerilyn has video and other coverage of Obama's rally in Denver today where tens of thousands showed up. I hear in contrast, McCain managed to draw hundreds to a rally in New Mexico.

Moving on to lighter fare, Colbert reacts to the McCain campaign's outreach to the middle class.

Bob Geiger's Saturday funnies were especially good this week.

Mikevotes has all the pictures of the day. McCain doing his best impression of The Penguin, Palin wearing a scarf that would seem better suited to a Democratic rally and I loved this one of Obama walking through his childhood neighborhood in Hawaii. It's not that the shot is so well composed, it's just the atmosphere of the hood. He's come a long way. I wonder what it must feel like to have come so far and be so close to making history.

And for the eye candy. Marcellina is rooftop blogging in Austria. I love her blog. It's so beautiful there. It's worth scrolling through the archives to see all the gorgeous photos.

On a different note, Phila's nudibranch blogging is in video form this week. Tell you the truth watching those critters move makes me a little squeamy but I couldn't stop watching. There's so many different varieties and they're all so beautiful.

Finally, if you're looking for a job in DC, TPM is hiring two political reporters. I may apply for it myself even though I don't have near the creds to get it. You never know, they might give me a chance and I would love to work for Josh.

[More posts daily at The Newshoggers and The Detroit News.]

Labels: , ,

Bookmark and Share

2 Comments:

Blogger Capt. Fogg said...

The e-mails about the "big new bombshell about to burst" (the birth certificate hoax) are still arriving in my mailbox. I expect it to go on for years. The original has been examined by the U of Pennsylvania and found to be genuine which is not surprising since Hawaii finds it genuine. His birth announcement was found in a Honolulu paper which would mean the conspiracy started 47 years ago and of course the State Department found it genuine when they gave him a passport based on it back in the 70's - but these things are like satellites - they go around and around forever.

Interesting that the "reporter" who has been insisting Obama was "born Muslim" now has decided that the real father wasn't the elder Mr. Obama but some civil rights worker. He has the same evidence for that as he had for the original claim - absolutely nothing.

Round and round and round we go. . .

11:30:00 AM  
Blogger Libby Spencer said...

They're flailing Fogg. Desperately searching for anything to discredit Obama.

11:54:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home