Wednesday, December 31, 2008

People are talking

Half of Blogtopia has assembled at Jon Swift's place where he's posted the Best Blog Posts of 2008 as chosen by the bloggers themselves. Hours of fun reading at that post. You may want to bookmark it to fill your time while you're waiting for tomorrow's football games.

I don't feel like talking about the latest GOP hatefest, a/k/a their little Christmas joke about the Barack the Magic Negro song, but Hart has plenty to say about it. He thinks it presents an opportunity to take Rush Limbaugh down for good. I wish I believed that. I think the only way to do Rush in is with a wooden stake through the heart and as everyone knows, I'm against violence.

Thers has a "joie de fuck you" feeling about the ongoing Blagojevich antics. I have to agree. As always, the smart comments are as good as the blog post over there.

My buddy GTL also takes the practical approach on this story with his usual blend of common sense and snark.

I'm told 75% of us can't wait for Bush to get out of town, but blogenfreude is going to miss him. So Bush has that going for him.

On the American Street, Kevin comes up the most compelling reason to prosecute the Bush regime's war criminals. Heretik illustrates that point and Duggan clears his desk of a few old drawings.

And it's been way too long since I've checked in with Annie, from whom I stole the song in my head meme, since she doesn't seem to use it much anymore. She has a bunch of great pix and links. Just scroll.

[More posts daily at The Detroit News.]

Labels: , , ,

Bookmark and Share

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

For more detail on war crimes, this blog link courtesy of C and L: http://www.uswarcrimes.com/

I'm putting his book on my reading list. I'm not sure the president will.

3:48:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm a tech idiot. The link should work really well whne I try to embed it. Here goes nothing.

3:54:00 PM  
Blogger JoeBama "Truth 101" Kelly said...

I had to change my pic in honor of your pal Mr. Swift. Life is great outside of the small world I blogged in. I thought I was the only Democrat in Western Illinois for damn near three years. God bless Libby, DLB and the rest of the progressive, open minded citizens who live as our Founding Fathers intended. And bless the athiests also. And the Muslims, Jews, Hindus, Rastafarians, Zoroastrians, etc.

4:07:00 PM  
Blogger (O)CT(O)PUS said...

This year's obituaries (including my beloved cat).

4:35:00 PM  
Blogger Libby Spencer said...

Hey DL, thanks for the link. It works fine.

Truth, there's a lot more of us than you think.

Octo, {{{hug}}}}. I'm so sorry to hear about your cat.

5:20:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home