Sunday, February 22, 2009

My new record album

I found this really fun meme at m. heart's blog, so I had to try it.


I don't have photoshop so I just figured out how to do it in regular old MS Paint, which I barely know how to use. I'm not entirely happy with it. I would have tweaked the placement of the text if I knew how to edit but considering it took me four tries to just get this far, I decided to run with it. I expect it's much easier with a real photoshop program. Anyway, here's how the meme works.

1 - Go to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special:Random. The title of the article is the name of your band.

2 - go to http://www.quotationspage.com/random.php3. The last few words of the very last quote of the page is the title of your first album.

3 - Go to http://www.flickr.com/explore/interesting/7days and the third picture, no matter what it is, will be your album cover.

4 - Use photoshop (or similar) to put it all together.

By the way, in case you wanted to know, Sadak is a 1991 Bollywood film loosely based on Robert DeNiro's Taxi Driver, so I guess my album would be the soundtrack.

My friend JP played and check out m. heart's album for inspiration. They did a much better job of it.

Update: I did a new one for my other blog. It's a little better.

Labels: ,

Bookmark and Share

2 Comments:

Blogger Umā said...

nice job!

12:48:00 PM  
Blogger Libby Spencer said...

Not as good as yours, but it was fun. Thanks for passing the meme on.

2:34:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home