Wednesday, February 18, 2009

The new millenium Brady Bunch

It appears these people are coming out to sell a book or something. A Brady family for our times, only instead of just combined kids, it's combined marriage partners.
Fast forward to today, and our family is now composed of Alan, Eric, Leslie, Amber, and myself, plus our children: Todd, Steve, Jennifer, Lisa, and Amber is currently pregnant. Eric and Leslie are legally married, and we've added a few rooms to the house. We have two family meetings a week, one of which is for adults only, both of which can get lively and loud. We've had our arguments over money, people monopolizing other people's time, dealing with children's issues, and so forth — like any other family — but we just have more voices in the discussion.
Not clear on how they establish paternity of the children. Maybe they don't care.

I can't help but think the potential for icky STDs must be expotentially greater but I don't think there's anything morally wrong with it. Whatever floats your boat as the saying goes, but it doesn't sound attractive to me. Mainly because my adventures in group living have been universally dismal. Not easy to find multiple compatible roommates. And for me, it was hard enough to deal with one husband. I can't imagine two at once.

[More posts daily at The Detroit News]

Labels: ,

Bookmark and Share

5 Comments:

Blogger Cosa Nostradamus said...

.
Sounds like complete fiction and utter bollox to me, based on my experiences with the species. Unless they are all chemically blissed-out emotional zombies. One of them will slaughter the rest some day, and be found devouring them all with a nice chianti and some fava beans. Ssssss.



Those of yawl whut lives in certain Red States might want to have a word with yawls' Guvnuh. Here's his email addy.
.

8:31:00 AM  
Blogger Capt. Fogg said...

Probably less kinky in a way than what goes on in the Mormon Compounds. Got to be pretty difficult on the kids as they get into adolescence.

9:10:00 AM  
Blogger Libby Spencer said...

I was thinking it didn't sound all that different from the hippie communes back in the day. I do wonder what it must be like to be one of the kids.

I have to say I kind of like the idea that the women get to have multiple husbands too though. Equal opportunity bigamy.

9:22:00 AM  
Blogger (O)CT(O)PUS said...

It takes two conjoined humans to equal one octopus, and I have already achieved the magic number of two raised to the power of three ... without complications, encumbrances, or STDs. Although it is hard to find clothing with 8 sleeves, I like my privacy and solitude.

11:10:00 AM  
Blogger Libby Spencer said...

LOL Octo. You'll have to find yourself a personal tailor. Perhaps a needle nosed gar?

1:15:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home