Monday, February 23, 2009

Pity poor Roger Simon

I happened to catch the last few minutes of an interview with Roger Simon on Book TV last night. He's pushing his new book called something like, "Why I cast myself in the role of a Hollywood outcast, even though I'm a no talent has-been and nobody outside of PJ Media cares what the hell I think." I've never seen him speak contemporaneously before. I swear, he makes Joe the Plumber look erudite.

The last question was whether he thought Obama's election was a signal that the country was finally overcoming racism. His answer in short was -- no. Racism hasn't existed in 50 years. By golly, some of his friends are black. And besides blacks have it easy. The only real discrimination is against conservatives who just can't catch a break since liberals took over the world. What a putz.

[More posts daily at The Detroit News]

Labels: ,

Bookmark and Share

4 Comments:

Blogger rockync said...

When people will walk past a group of black teenagers on the street as readily as they might walk past a group of white teens, THEN I might think we are overcoming racism.
From my viewpoint, we still have a long way to go.

BTW - I love the word putz - it defines so succinctly in just four little letters, lol!

11:12:00 AM  
Blogger Libby Spencer said...

LOL Rocky. Yiddish is best language for succinct insults.

11:48:00 AM  
Blogger Capt. Fogg said...

When we have no more roving bands of young barbarians looking to emulate their pithicanthropic ancestors, then I might think the human race was worth saving.

12:58:00 PM  
Blogger Libby Spencer said...

I'm afraid it's going to be a long wait Fogg.

3:29:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home