Wednesday, April 29, 2009

100 day presser

I missed the first 20 minutes but the rest of President Obama's press conference tonight impressed me. I like having a wonk instead of a frat boy for president. I like a leader that talks up to me. Even when I don't like the answers, I like the obvious competency. I love being able to listen to a whole presser without wanting to throw a brick through the teevee screen. I find it inexplicably reassuring.

Obama is growing into this job. He's clearly paying attention. And maybe it's just me, but I detected a new note of respect among most of the privileged media. Zeleny and Weisman being notable exceptions and he dispatched them really well. In many ways, it's a whole new world.


[More posts daily at The Detroit News]

Labels: , ,

Bookmark and Share

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I agree. Hopefully this will get other representatives to raise their game. I hope other politicians take his lead on comportment.

I can put up with the bickering, if they are talking serious.
Compare President Obama's presentation of a politician, to other politicians in the news today.

Like Ms. Fox, who called the murder of Matthew Sheppard, a hoax. On the House floor with Matthew Sheppard's mother in attendance.

Another Michell Bachmann misstatement about the last flu scare being under Jimmy Carter, when it happened under President Ford.

Why even bring this kind of stuff up? Do they think they are giving it to the democrats when they talk like that?

Anyways, like his policies or not, President is a breath of fresh air.

10:51:00 PM  
Blogger Cosa Nostradamus said...

.
Maybe the formerly mainstream media are beginning to realize that their efforts on behalf of corporatism aren't succeeding in tearing Obama down or influencing public opinion. In fact, their efforts are having the opposite effect, and their audience is shrinking down to nothing.

I hope they all go bankrupt, or suffer hostile takeovers & shareholders' revolts, resulting in new management and mass firings of the top level of overpaid parasites and the bottom level of jocks & cheerleaders.

Then they can hire some of our better bloggers and real streetwise print reporters to start digging and x-raying for actual news. There's a lot of it out there.
.

2:11:00 AM  
Blogger Libby Spencer said...

Time, it would be good if his attitude was contagious but I think the GOPers may be immune to civility.

Cosa, I'm with you. It would be really good to get rid of the media elites and start over with real journalists.

9:08:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home