Friday, June 26, 2009

My last link to the WaPo

Never say never I suppose, but it will be a very long time before I send any traffic to the WaPo after this link to Dan Froomkin's last appearance on its pages. A very gracious goodbye post but he got his digs in too. I especially liked the line, "Hopefully, the next time the nation faces a grave national security crisis, we will listen to the people who were right, not the people who were wrong, and heed those who reported the truth, not those who served as stenographers to liars."

Meanwhile, here's a couple of the stenographers that the WaPo is keeping.



These are their "serious" journalists. Seriously. Disturbing. A perfect illustration of why newspapers are dying. They keep trying to compete by aping formats that are already done better by others. Can't quite decide if they're going for Comedy Central or Monthy Python with this gag. All I know for sure is that I'm gagging...

Update: For some reason DisQus hates me and I can't deal with trying to log in, so let just thank Shakes here for the shout out.

[More posts daily at The Detroit News]

Labels:

Bookmark and Share

4 Comments:

Blogger Ruth said...

Hiatt has made that much of a concession to being wrong consistently, that he surrounds himself with those of the same variety. I will not click on WaPo again.

9:11:00 AM  
Blogger Libby Spencer said...

I'm still clicking to read Ezra and Greg Sargent, but I'm studiously avoiding the site otherwise. Of course you occassionally get tricked when someone leaves one of those tiny links.

9:25:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

re: disqus, try allowing third party cookies? it worked for me and ended many weeks of flaming frustration.

11:13:00 AM  
Blogger Libby Spencer said...

I'm such a technodope, I wouldn't know how to allow third party cookies even if I wanted to. I hate when they install stuff on my computer. This baby is old. Every little thing slows it down.

12:53:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home