Monday, July 20, 2009

Man on the Moon


It's the 40th anniversary of the moon landing. You all know how much I love the space program. Always have, so of course, I saw it it live. In fact so did everyone. Leaving aside the hokey, one small step for man thing, what I remember most is the whole world stopped to watch.

You could almost hear the collective silence in the last few minutes. And the universalapplause when they landed safely.

[More posts daily at The Detroit News]

Labels: ,

Bookmark and Share

4 Comments:

Blogger Cosa Nostradamus said...

.
And they came BACK, too!

I wouldn't have. I'd still be up there. Maybe growing mushrooms or something. Dancing in the Earthlight.
.

1:41:00 PM  
Blogger Libby Spencer said...

Getting back was actually the bigger deal. Would have been very weird if they got stuck there.

Used to love the capsule splashdown in the ocean myself.

2:46:00 PM  
Blogger Capt. Fogg said...

I had a boss at the time who would yell at you if you were 2 minutes late during a snowstorm and make snide remarks about working half a day when you left before 6:30.

He closed the office so that we could all stay up late to watch the moon landing. And of course I did.

9:01:00 AM  
Blogger Libby Spencer said...

Seriously, I really do think the whole world watched.

10:15:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home