Tuesday, July 28, 2009

The Palinese Liberation Oratory

Well I finally got through Sarah Palin's sayonara to all the little people in the great state of Alaska. Or I should probably say Palin's au revoir. It sounded more like a dress rehearsal for her Unusual Girl national tour than farewell speech to me.

And unusual is probably the kindest thing that can be said about her remarks. The best I can describe it is, it's like a mash up of really garbled lyrics from failed top 40 bands of the 80s. It's impossible to summarize. All I can say is I had no idea Hollywood was planning to invade Alaska with a circus of delicate, tiny, very talented celebrity starlets and I can't stop wishing they would invade my town instead. Sounds like a great show.

Gawker plumbs the awesome incoherency and pulls some good quotes or you can read the full transcript. Not that will help make any sense of it.

I actually recommend you watch Part One and Part Two on video to really get the full effect of her psychedelic stream of subconsciousness. Having watched it twice now, I think I have the name for her new book: The Power of Babble.

[More posts daily at The Detroit News]

Labels:

Bookmark and Share

2 Comments:

Blogger (O)CT(O)PUS said...

As they say: Quit Happens.

4:32:00 PM  
Blogger Libby Spencer said...

LOL Octo. Long time no see. Haven't gotten around the blogroll much lately. Hope you're well.

5:09:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home