Thursday, August 20, 2009

Mental health break

I've long been fascinated by carnivorous plants. Like most kids of my era, I had a venus fly trap. They used to sell them somewhere. Maybe in the back of comic books or the five and dime store. It didn't live very long. Probably because I kept touching it to make the little hands close up and there weren't enough flies in the house to feed it. In any event, this new species of pitcher plant they discovered in some remote place is really cool. Apparently the largest ever found. Big enough to eat rodents.

If you're not a regular Daily Show watcher, and I'm not because I don't have cable anymore, Jon Stewart discovers Fox News has gone liberal. One of his better segments.

And my fascination with space pix continues. Astro_127 shared the view out of the back window of the space station yesterday and today, a view of ISS on the horizon as they left on their return trip home. I'm a person who is still amazed that you can get up in one place, hop a plane and arrive in a whole other part of the planet in one day. Can hardly imagine what it's like to wake up in space and arrive on earth that evening.

And I don't have any tats myself, but I know many who do. I found this graphic hilarious. What your tattoo locations say about you. My apologies to my tattoo sporting friends. I'm sure it doesn't necessarily apply.

[More posts daily at The Detroit News]

Labels:

Bookmark and Share

4 Comments:

Blogger Ruth said...

Don't you pity these poor things who went for the Work From Home ad and have to search for places to put up ads to pay for their cheetos.

10:25:00 AM  
Blogger Libby Spencer said...

LOL Ruth. You mean PJ Media?

And tickleme plant guy, sorry I don't give free advertising and your ad was very annoying. Now deleted. Don't do it again.

11:03:00 AM  
Blogger Capt. Fogg said...

I have written my congressman several times to demand that any health care reform cover Cheetos. It's a basic human right.

11:31:00 AM  
Blogger Libby Spencer said...

LOL Fogg. Think you should also be demanding Mountain Dew to wash them down.

12:35:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home