Saturday, May 15, 2010

Local politics is small

Busy day. Went to the multi-county Democratic convention. Some overlap from the county convention I went to about a month ago, but a lot of new faces too. Everybody still pretty much knew each other. But I arrived as an observer and got drafted as delegate half way through for some votes. It's a lot different here than up north. The rules seem to be less strict, even a bit stretchable, but not beyond the breaking point.

Meanwhile, I'm just wild about Billy Kennedy. He was the keynote speaker, which is why I went in the first place. Not that he really needs the support in that venue. The Democrats love him. He rountinely gets standing ovations. More importantly, he's got the right creds and positions to win over the indys and I'm guessing some good percentage of GOPers too. It's just a matter of getting his message out there.



[More posts daily at The Detroit News]

Labels: ,

Bookmark and Share

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home