Saturday, October 16, 2010

The internets as a force for good

When you blog politics it's easy to get discouraged about the ugliness of the internets. It's a given you're going to suffer troll attacks and bear daily witness to the dark side of human nature. Good to reminded the internet is a very big place and much good resides there as well.

Can't say I loved this band Atomic Tom. This song was a little too repetitive for my taste, but I did love their video. Staging it on the NYC subway and using their iPhones as instruments amused me enough to sit through the whole song.

On another note, I didn't think I would sit through all 18 minutes of this TED presentation, but as Ezra said, it made me feel all warm and fuzzy about the internets as a power for good. The last couple of minutes are really the best part. I was humming peacefully to myself for the rest of the day.

And of course, I can't do one of these linkfests without still photography. This high-speed photography was as cool as advertised: Water Balloons Without The Balloons.

I would love to see this in person. Reminds me of Christo, only with better colors. Berlin Festival of Light 2010.

Fall colors slowly making their way south. Just starting to turn here but farther north there's already some beautiful MD countryside.

Hat tips to Ezra Klein, KevinOfMI, expatina and newmediajim for the links.

Labels: , , , ,

Bookmark and Share

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home