Sunday, December 12, 2010

On the other hand...

Building a bit on my previous post, it's not that despite my relentless empathy for Obama, that I can't see the obvious political solution to the oligopoly and don't share the frustration of my less conspiracy prone friends. Contradicting everything I just said below, I also believe this to be true:
I've also said this before and I will say it again: All Obama has to do is threaten to veto tax cuts for rich people. Half the country approves of him doing this. Letting tax cuts return to Clinton levels requires Democrats to do nothing. It is in fact the very thing Democrats are best at doing and the easiest single thing for every member of Congress to do at their job. If they vote on nothing, agree on nothing, we return the horrible, monstrous economy of the greatest economic expansion since World War II and Republicans are responsible for taxes going up. Not only is this blatantly obvious to everyone, it is in fact what everyone has known for the last ten years. The Democrats literally fuck up doing nothing.
[Via Avedon who always has much more worth reading.]

Labels: ,

Bookmark and Share

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home