Saturday, January 15, 2011

Uncanny resemblance

Getting off to a slow start today so a quick linkfest to kick myself into gear. Starting with this via Avedon. I basically agree with the points raised here about how Obama's speech doesn't negate the problematic aspects of his presidency. However, neither do I think those problems negate the value of the speech. But the reason I'm posting it is I was just floored by the author, her picture on the left. Not only is her nym libbyliberal but we could be twins if we were the same age. I have a photo of myself in exactly that pose. Sadly that one is not in a digital format, but this old one is pretty close. Uncanny, no?

And speaking of uncanny resemblances, this photoshop is startling.

My friend Michael Stickings came up with the photo from the memorial service. The McCains and Obama in Arizona.

Also, as long as we're on the subject, this political cartoon is the best Tucson commentary I've seen.

But to end on a more positive note, this was a pretty picture from the big snowstorm this week up north. Corkscrew hazel tree, with snow. I was surprised at how few there were on twitter. Guess northerners don't get so hyped up by blizzards.

Labels: , ,

Bookmark and Share

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home