Wednesday, March 09, 2011

Infidelity is the new patriotism

Well he didn't put it in those exact words, but apparently testing if he can whitewash his serial adultery for a White House run, Newt effectively claims patriotism made him cheat on his wives:
"There's no question at times of my life, partially driven by how passionately I felt about this country, that I worked far too hard and things happened in my life that were not appropriate," said Gingrich.
Might not be that easy. As David Frum points out:
It’s not the infidelity. It’s the arrogance, hypocrisy, and – most horrifying to women voters – the cruelty.

Anyone can dump one sick wife. Gingrich dumped two.
Two terminally ill wives, I might add. But that's not even the worst part for me. An image of a naked Newt having illicit sex is now stuck in my head and I can't shake it. Ewww...

[More posts daily at the Detroit News.]

Labels: ,

Bookmark and Share

3 Comments:

Blogger (O)CT(O)PUS said...

Newt is toast. His grandiosity outdoes Charlie Sheen. Pay him no more attention and move on.

9:46:00 PM  
Blogger Libby Spencer said...

I've never taken him seriously as a candidate Octopus. But this is sort of funny, in a icky way.

6:52:00 AM  
Blogger (O)CT(O)PUS said...

Since the GOP has stepped up production in their DISSEMBLING ASSEMBLY LINE, and the lies are coming off at a faster rate, the marginal stuff is too much of a distraction.

6:47:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home