Sunday, May 08, 2011

Idle pleasures

Happy Mother's Day if it applies to your situation and if not, hope you had as lovely a day as I did. Had to work an early shift but I was out in time to enjoy the glorious weather this afternoon. Walked over to see the family and hung out watching the mockingbirds fight off the robins while the cardinals under cover of the ruckus slid to the feeders undetected. I weeded my Dad and Mom's little garden. I love to weed. It's so grounding and the finished product is so satisfying to view.

Lots of people wished me a Happy Mother's Day today. None of them so far was my only child. It's okay. We don't really have a Hallmark holiday kind of relationship. I'm sort of used to it by now.

Anyway, I'm mellow and not feeling at all like dealing with the crazy tonight. Cruised the news and I just don't want to talk about it. But I did love this photo essay that Avedon unearthed. If this guy wasn't already taken, I would beg this pinball wizard to marry me. In the alternate, I want to be his BFF.

Labels:

Bookmark and Share

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home