Tuesday, May 03, 2011

The Loony Left

Blogging over many years is kind of like traveling. You meet a lot of people along the way. Some you stay friends with forever. Sometimes you form a friendship that slowly peters out and you lose touch. Thus it is with my old friend Michael van der Galien. We connected when I first started blogging at The Reaction. He was posting at The Moderate Voice in those days. We were rather close before we went our separate ways over the years, both creatively and politically. I haven't "seen" him in a long time.

Today, I just happened to follow an unfamiliar link in my referrals and discovered he has a new project, Right Across the Atlantic. He put me on his blogroll under the heading, "Loony Left." Interesting to see who else is in that category. Speaks volumes about the evolution of blogging relationships. I suppose, being a democratic soul who likes to give new sites a little boost, I should put him on my blogroll too. Maybe I'll invent a new category for him too considering how far to the right he's ventured since first we met.

[More posts daily at the Detroit News.]

Labels:

Bookmark and Share

2 Comments:

Blogger Ruth said...

Maybe there's a way to make a badge that says 'Loony Left' on it. I'd proudly wear one. Wonder what he labels actually extreme leftwingers, 'Raving Maniacal Left'?

5:33:00 AM  
Blogger Libby Spencer said...

I wear the label proudly too. If you look at the category, it's interesting to see who's on it with me. Glenzilla, Think Progress, and The Reaction. Good company.

8:21:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home